Personalizing Your Customers’ Digital Experience is Key to Winning Their Hearts (and 5 stars)
Personalization is the key to winning the hearts (okay, and wallets) of customers in today’s rapidly evolving and fiercely competitive consumer world.
Don’t believe me, consider this:
- Customers prefer to reward business with 2x the amount of purchases if they provide an outstanding digital experiences (source)
- 80% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase when brands offer personalized experiences (source)
- 90% of customers indicate that they find personalization appealing and not only want it, but expect it (source)
- Personalization can lift revenues about 10%, and collectively increase engagement and customer loyalty (source)
- 91% of consumers are more likely to shop with brands that recognize, remember, and provide relevant offers and recommendations (source)
What about privacy concerns? Well that’s an entirely separate discussion. So feel free to read “Ads That Don’t Overstep” from Harvard Business Review.
There has never been a more promising time for businesses to focus on improving their customers’ experiences. The most profitable companies know this, and they’re using the tools at their disposal to continually connect and engage with their customers.
Amazon, Walmart, Wayfair, Alibaba & Apple are among the well-known, businesses that are creating scalable, personalized consumer experiences. This is excellent news for companies, because utilizing personalization not only provides exceptional customer experiences (CX), but also drives new product development, improved customer satisfaction and assists in a variety of other initiatives that ultimately raise sales and lifetime customers.